If a year was tucked inside of a clock, then autum wound be the magic hour. – Victoria Erickson
It’s the perfect time to take a scenic drive and see the magical autumn colors!
My hubby and I were so happy to join our friends on a road trip to Manchester, Vermont. It was our first trip outside New York state since the pandemic. I haven’t written a travel post for quite a long time now, so I’m really excited to share with you the highlights and photos of our trip.
Equinox Mountain Skyline Drive
Does driving along the crest of the mountain sound fun? If your answer is yes, then this is a must-do. Equinox Mountain is the highest mountain in South Vermont. At 3,848 feet above sea level, you’ll be able to see panoramic views of the surrounding mountain ranges.
- GPS Directions: 6369 Skyline Dr., Sunderland, VT
- Hours of Operation: 9 am to 4 pm daily (weather permitting) from May 24 to October
- Picnic and paved parking areas along the 5.2-mile drive and at the summit.
- Portable restrooms are located near the Toll House at the base of the mountain; bathrooms are available at the summit.
- No hiking is permitted on the toll road.
- Click here for more updated info on rates, restrictions, etc.
Manchester Designer Outlets
We were not planning to shop on this trip, but we wanted to drive around and see some of the stores that are housed in historic and authentically restored Vermont buildings. However, the discounted prices were so tempting, so I did end up buying a few items from one of the stores.
- GPS Directions: 97 Depot St, Manchester Center, Vermont 05255
- Click here to visit the individual stores for updates on hours of operation.
I’m so glad that we stopped by this store on our way back home. Sugar Shack makes pure Vermont Maple Syrup and has an assortment of products made with natural ingredients. I bought some cute souvenirs, maple syrup, cheese, and a super yummy wild berry extra fruit jam.
- Location: Sugar Shack Lane, Rt. 7A, Arlington, Vermont
- Store Hours: Call (802) 375-6747 for hours as they do vary and are subject to change
- Click here for more info about the store and its products.
Travel plans are great, but road trips are more fun if you leave some space for spontaneity. My hubby and I really enjoyed the skyline drive to the mountain, the picnic, the shopping, and finding many interesting places along the way. Most of all, we were so glad to spend time with friends who brought so much joy to our lives.
Thank you so much for reading. May this gorgeous season bring joy and happiness into your life too. Have a lovely week ahead!